Subject: Re: [Leica] RRS B30 M-series camera plate.
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 00:55:22 -0600

I've had one for several years.  It's a lovely piece of work that fits the
baseplate like a glove.  I think I saw that he has a new design that's
skeletonized a bit for even less weight (I have a skeletonized plate on my
Nikon F100 and it's clearly a superior design feature.)

Downside?  About 4 ounces of extra weight (for my old style plate.)  Also,
it won't allow mounting my Visoflex III (don't know if a II would clear or
not.)  It would only take removal of about a millimeter of metal about a
quarter inch wide at the top of the plate to eliminate the interference (it
hits the locking tab on the Viso) but I haven't found removal of the plate
to be that big a nuisance when I want to use the reflex housing.

Cheers,
Kip