Subject: [Leica] Adrenaline, was clove cigarettes
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:13:02 -0000

When I first read of the clove cigarettes, I hadn't heard of them before
and wondered whether they were real or imaginary.

Similarly, years ago, when reading 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' I was
fascinated by the chapter where the attorney returned with some adrenaline,
purportedly only extractable from living humans!

Any experts able to share their knowledge on whether this was wonderfully
bizarre imagination or a slice of reality?
I could imagine that animal adrenaline might be produced/used for medical
purposes and I've seen that given intravenously, but does it have the same
effect taken orally?
Not that I'm wanting to try, but it's something I've wondered about for
years!

Jem