Subject: Re: [Leica] Monterey
From: Randy Holst <mistervolvo@home.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 09:15:50 -0700

Regarding the 17-mile drive in Monterey (actually Carmel, a bit South of
Monterey), it's been quite a while since I've been there but I seem to
remember that they started charging money to drive through there, trying
to keep the riff-raff (us regular folks) out.  Anyone know if this still
the case?

Also, I'll second the recommendation on visiting the Monterey Bay
Aquarium, at the end of Cannery Row.  I just visited there in November
and the new additions are impressive, particularly the huge open-ocean
tank.  You stand (or sit in theater seats) in a darkened room before a
floor-to-ceiling glass wall the size of Vista-Vision movie screen and
watch hundreds of fish swim by.  You could easily spend all day at this
aquarium.

Randy Holst
Boise, Idaho

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Monterey)