Subject: [Leica] Re: Filters for the 19/2.8 R (to protect)
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:23:22 -0800

Jeeezzz... Use a lens cap. Tether it to the camera if necessary. Every
camera shop has those little lens cap tethers.

You DO NOT want a filter on your 19mm lens.

You DO NOT want a filter on ANY lens unless it will IMPROVE the
photographic result.

Lens caps work. They keep all of the dirt and grunge from getting on your
lens. If you had a filter on instead, all of the dirt and grunge collects
on the filter. And your photographs will really be shitty! Because you
won't take the filter off and clean it every time you want to take a
picture. It's much easier to just "pop off" the cap, let it dangle while
you photograph, then "pop" it back on.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Filters for the 19/2.8 R (to protect))