Subject: Re: [Leica] Filters for the 19/2.8 R (to protect)
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:21:56 -0500

If you are speaking of the first version of this lens, you can use the
B+W 82 mm wide angle holder and a 90mm rimless glass filter in
place of the rectangular hood.  This combination will work without
vignetting.  However, I suggest that you get in touch with the
B+W/Schneider distributor for your country to exact ordering
information as these are special order items. They are not
inexpensive.

I use this holder with an FL-D filter when doing interiors illuminated
by fluorescent lights. It is a bit awkward, and I really should carry
along a pair of cotton gloves to wear when handling the filter.  But it
works..

Although a standard 82mm filter will fit the front threads, the front
element of the lens protrudes.  As the filter is screwed in, the glass
in the filter will contact the glass of the front element.

Roy