Subject: Re: [Leica] Persecuted for using tripod in public
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:00:03 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 02/02/01 16:03:42 Paris, Madrid, oliverbryk@home.com
a écrit :

<< Frank Filippone wrote:
 "I was thrown out of Santa Barbara about  ayear ago for using a tripod in
 the
 streets of the city ( So I went to the COUNTY Courthouse where the law does
 not apply), and again more recently I needed Special permission to take
 pictures at TravelLand in Los Angeles....again that... " ... You need
 permission from the LA City Council to take pictures here" nonsense.....

 "Sometimes it just is not worth hauling out the 4x5 with tripod.....and
 dealing with the idiots!

 "Frank Filippone

 A couple of years ago I had similar encounters with rangers at several
 California State parks when I set up a Hasselblad on a tripod. In each case,
 the ranger demanded to see a permit for commercial photography. In each
 case, I stated that I was not a commercial photographer. That did not
 satisfy the ranger who invariably brought an invisible camera to his or her
 eyes, clicked an imaginary shutter button, pointed to my tripod, and said,
 "but you must be a commercial photographer". When asked to show me the
 applicable regulation and its definition of commercial photography, none of
 the rangers was able to satisfy my request. When I asked where I was
 supposed to have obtained this permit, the answer was, "from Sacramento"
 (the state capital).
 Making the taxpayer prove a negative (no pun intended) seems to be an
 ingrained habit of mindless bureaucrats.
 Oliver Bryk

Her in France people look at you just like if you came from another planet .
When I was 14 , I 've been seen around a supermarket with a camera .
Some poeple witnessed my presence and declared it to the local police .
Police came home one evening to see my parents !
Talk about stupid poeple ?
On the other side , I've shot ( I mean with a camera ) cops in manhattan
with no problems ; I've even got a picture of 2 cops in their car showing
their tongues at the camera !

Jo Goodtimes , France .
airborne radar tech
live free or die