Subject: Re: Subject: [Leica] Re: 50 mm f/1.4
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:22:10 -0700

There are still high quality down jackets made in Canada. As it is the very
high end of the market, they do not get exported. Mountain Equipment Co-op
has them custom made to their specifications. Down fills run in the 550 to
650 range. They have a simple website (http://www.mec.ca) but if you are
interested in seeing more of their stuff I can send you a catalogue.

Here is their midrange baffled down jacket:

http://www.mec.ca/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?product=Men's+4010-401,+Women's+4010-4
02&DB=catalog.dat

The high end baffled uses a Gore's DryLoft shell and even better quality of
down and goes for $335CAN

A traditional parka style with the same materials as the above runs about
$365CAN

Cheers from Canada where we are serious about cold!

John Collier

PS: If that is still too inexpensive, there are small custom outfitters as
well. They can custom tailor a jacket to you.....$500+CAN.

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: Subject: [Leica] Re: 50 mm f/1.4)