Subject: Re: [Leica] Specks in new Leica Lens
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 11:47:59 -0500

>> I guess I don;t believe Leica takes QC as seriously as they should......
>>
>> Frank Filippone
>> red735i@earthlink.net
>>

> It is not their QC that pisses me off so much as their repair service. My
> local repair depot sent an M4-2 for vertical alignment to leica germany on
> 24/11/00. I still haven;t heard when I'll get it back and leica won't tell
> my local repair centre. Leica UK turned things around in a matter of weeks!
>
> Julian

That is a shame. If that is all it needs I think it is only a 10 or 15
minute adjustment, or less. I watched Sherry adjust my M2 rangefinder in 5
minutes.

It seems to me that for somethings, like a rangefinder adjustment, you
should be able to walk into any Leica dealer and get minor things done while
you wait or at the least in a day or two.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from "julianthomas.terra.es" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] Specks in new Leica Lens)