Subject: [Leica] Re: Specks in new Leica Lens
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 00:31:25 -0800

My Alpa 10D and Macro Switar has the test negative, which I still have. As
I was friends with the owners of the Alpa factory, Samual and Benjamin
Bourgeois, and spent many days there each year for many years, I have
observed the taking of the test negative with a camera/lens pair prior to
packing for ultimate sale.

Jim

At 05:53 PM 2/3/01 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Rob McElroy wrote:
>>
>> "Dante A. Stella" wrote:
>>
>> > Sorry for the analogy, but target pistols come with test targets - why
don't
>> > Leica lenses come with test negatives?
>>
>> Alpa used to supply a 35mm test negative when you bought a camera and
lens.  I believe it was shot with the actual camera in the box to prove to the

Message from "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Specks in new Leica Lens)
Message from Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net> (Re: [Leica] Specks in new Leica Lens)