Subject: Re: [Leica] Seeing black & white vs. color
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 07:31:40 -0800

> Tristan Tom wrote:
> I have to admit, I'm torn between shooting black and white or color.
> I go through phases where I only want to shoot black and white. It's
> more emotional, it seems more artistic, more pure and to the core.
> Then, I come across some truly inspiring and effective color images<<<<<<<

Tristan,
Try this to over come your "torn between "

Imagine you have just been assigned to shoot in colour at your going
$1500.00 day rate and you happen to be in B&W mood! What do you say, "Sorry
I'm not in the mood today!

Or do you throw a roll of colour in the camera, go out and kick ass in
colour! Spending money on "filter trinkets" to see in deep blue B&W will
only put you in a deeper funk. And waste your money that would be better
spent on film.   Trust me, been there, done that!

Best bet? Just go out and shoot whatever the film/feelings mood is at the
time. Or buy two bodies, colour in one, B&W in the other. Whichever mode is
emotional use the camera with that kind of film!   Have fun and don't do
these "mind bending things!"

"KISS, Keep it simple stupid!" ;-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited