Subject: Re: [Leica] STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LEICAS
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 22:23:44 -0500

Kyle Cassidy jotted down the following:

> fwiw, my m6 fell from a theater chair onto my coat which was on the floor
> underneath it, underneath that, a carpet, and then a concrete floor
> -- total fall about 12 inches and the vertical alignment went out like a
> frat boy at a bikini convention. i was a bit shocked at how slight a jar
> it took to pop it out of alignment. i never bothered to get it fixed
> though.

The lessons from this thread are obvious: Leica has built some very
sophisticated sensory equipment into their cameras.  If you drop it and it
ends up damaging something that costs more than itself, then it will be
fine.  But, if you drop it in such a manner that it falls upon something
worth less than the M6 itself, or if the blow is lessened by dampening
material to that the repair cost of any damage done is less than that of the
M6, the M6 will be the damaged item instead.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |