Subject: RE: straps are good - nice straps (was: Re: [Leica] STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR LEICAS)
From: goldframe1@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:26:11 -0700

For me I learned right from the start that a loose strap is a bad strap.
Twenty plus years with the Nikon and about four now with the Leica M6.

I like and use the straps; I think they have saved me (my camera) several
times.  Whenever I pick up my camera it's a * 2 handed pick-up * - first
grab the camera and second grab the strap - immediately put the strap over
the neck and then pick up the camera, or as close to that sequence as
possible.

I also buy and use the EveryReady case, not for the top cover but for the
bottom one, a fender (for you nautical types) - I like to keep my cameras as
pristine as possible without being obsessive. If I know the camera is going
to take bumps no matter how careful I am, why not give it some protection.
I don't like the extra thickness that Leica has put into the bottom of the
ER case but unless someone else knows of another suitable case I'll keep
mine on.  I can also place the end of the film box in the bottom of the ER
case before I insert and fasten the M6 in - I miss having the "slot" on my
Nikon to keep the film flap as a reminder at to what film and number of
exposures I have loaded.

BTW I just received my *soft shutter release* from Tom Abrahammson - Its
great.

gold