Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: *@#% straps Really Sad story! :-)
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 13:25:43 -0500

on 2/6/01 12:37 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@home.com wrote:

> This isn't slippery straps, but it sure tells the dangers of carrying big
> glass on a monopod ""without a strap in hand !""

In 1968 before the GOP convention we had ordered a newly designed lens and
were promised its arrival prior to departing for Miami.  The crew was
packing the car with cases of equipment to go to the airport, cussing out
the $%^&**(%^&&^^%(#  manufacturer when the freight carrier arrived with the
prized package.  A couple of signatures later the crew was cheering and
elated at the late arrival, but running late for their flight,  jumped into
the car and sped off .  I waved turned to go in and my eyes fell on a
crushed package on the ground.
Unable to replaced the run-over lens I had to cover the Chicago Democrat
convention without this new toy...same as the GOP guys had after placing the
late arrival on the ground while finishing the rush finish before departure.

Attention to your equipment and your surroundings can save lots of tears.

Steven Alexander