Subject: [Leica] Leicas as weapons.
From: Mark Cohen <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:11:35 -0800 (PST)

So..

I decided to go blow some film. (PKR) of the street near where I work.
(6th and Mission) There are a bunch of chess players on the street.

So I took all three trusty Leica M6s and started shooting.

Not more then 5 minutes and a gentleman (I use the term loosely)
approached me and ordered me to stop taking pictures. Telling me that I
was in violation of their personal rights. Well, I explained nicely that I
was not going to photograph him, since he was so nice to explain that I
shouldn't. But I was going to continue to photograph the rest of the
people until one of them told me not to photograph that person and I d
move on.

Well, he didn't like that answer and ordered me to leave or he would break
my baby!..

So, I went from nice to pissed in no time flat. :)

I took the M6 with 75summilux (The heaviest combo I have.. waiting for the
nocti ;)) and wrapped the strap around my hand and dangled the camera.

I said "I tell you what, you break my camera and I will use this one to
break your skull.. oh and by the way, my camera is under warranty and they
will replace it for free.. I doubt if your head has the same warranty." :)

He grumped and stomped away :) whee!

So, I have to say, lets see N**** or C***** do that! ;)

- -Mark Cohen
 (San Francisco)