Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Long teles
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:30:41 -0800

At 03:32 PM 2/6/01 -0800, Lucian Chis wrote:
>Has anybody used the Kinoptik long lenses ona Leicaflex? Heitz has a bunch
>or them
>(super priced of course) in different mounts now besides Alpa.
>Comments?

I had a 100/2 and a 150/2.8 Kinoptik for my Alpa. They were very very sharp
but V-E-R-Y prone to flare. The coating was nothing to write home about. I
actually sold these lenses for the simple reason that they were difficult
to use in "general" photography. You had to be very careful about where the
sun, lights, other bright objects, were. It wasn't worth the hassle.

Jim

Message from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Long teles)