Subject: [Leica] RE: G2 for India Color Shots?
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:37:39 +0100

Craig Semetko wrote:

> Robert,
>
> I'm curious, did you use the G2 in full automatic mode for those shots? In
> fact, I've only handled a G2 once, very briefly--can you even go manual on
> G2? Also, about the more recent color shots from India--did you use the G2
> for those as well? (BTW, they all look great, I don't care what camera you
> used!)
>
> Craig
Never be surprised by fabulous photos produced by a G2 - It has only
three real drawbacks - the fastest lenses available for it are f2;
despite what Kyocer calls it, it does NOT have real manual focus; it has
a limited number of lenses available. But the lenses it does have are
terrific, and it has some great features...

B. D.

I should add that G2 metering system is less accurated then M6 one, at least
for a habitual spot metering user, and that it is almost impossible to use
DOF. Otherwise a very good camera. New lens will come and, besides, a true
zoom is offered, and they have, as Leica had, a terrific Hologon. As I do
not like to make a choice I got both but by the moment I am using  Leica and
I wish to buy ney lenses.

Kind regards

Kind

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: G2 for India Color Shots?)