Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: For B.D. Colen et al.
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 19:20:26 -0500

Jim and Mark,

Thanks for the Buffaloed smiles.  Humor I like.  Bullies I don't.

I am just not one to sit quietly in the background when told to take my comments elsewhere, just because someone with a delete key is bored and has
nothing better to do than complain about a topic which he thinks has lasted too long.  The DOF discussion might have been boring to some but it was
interesting to others (otherwise it wouldn't have lasted so long) and the people that paid attention and read the substantive posts of the debate,
should have learned several things.

For anyone who cares, I am totally chilled, have no ax to grind, and am not easily offended.

For anyone who wants to continue talking about depth of field, the importance of detail-contrast vs. overall contrast, how MTF is much more important
than resolution, or any other optical or photographic topic - please do so.  Do not be intimidated by the nay sayers.  Just post your question and let
the debate begin.  I'm sure the sound of rapping delete keys will be heard round the world, but hey....that's what they're there for.

By the way, does anyone know whether I should use a UV filter on my Summicron if I am going to photograph in the rain?...........Ok, now that was a
joke. I don't need an answer to that question and please don't start the filter debate unless you have a new question that hasn't been covered already
in the archives.

Life is short, challenge prevents mediocrity, and debate is the fuel for inspiration.

Cheers,
from Rob McElroy
- -the guy in Buffalo who is not to be buffaloed, otherwise known as the Buffalo fellow who is not to be robbed.

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: DOF, thanks Austin)
Message from Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: DOF, thanks Austin)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: DOF, thanks Austin)
Message from Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net> ([Leica] For B.D. Colen)