Subject: [Leica] Disassembly of 35 Summaron
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:39:08 -0500

Hello All,

I have a screwmount 3.5cm f3.5 Leitz Summaron that has quite a bit of cloudiness on some internal elements that I want to clean off.  The trouble is,
neither I nor my local camera repairman can figure out how to disassemble the lens.  Spanner-ring notches exist on two different retaining rings on
the rear of the lens, but when trying to turn them out, they are met with very stiff resistance after a few turns.

Any ideas on getting it apart?   I don't need advice on where or who to send it to, only on disassembly information.

Thanks,
Rob McElroy
Buffalo, NY