Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfortunate accident removes red dot! Devastated in Victoria! :-(
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:58:24 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 10/02/01 04:49:25 Paris, Madrid, tedgrant@home.com a
écrit :

<< Ladies and Gentlemen,
 I had an unfortunate accident of sorts today while shooting my way through
 several hospital care units and ORs. This concerns my Noctilux which is
 causing me great mental strain with several questions as what to do?

 As many of you know the Noctilux is my lens of choice and has been by my
 side night and day for many years, so you can understand my heart felt
 sorrow.

 And as I know many of you are so good with your kind advice, I thought best
 to ask for your considered opinions,  "what should I do with my Noctilux and
 will this situation effect the lens?"

 I'm grief stricken over the red dot loss! :-(

 Sometime during the day, the little "red dot" attached to the lens
 indicating where the lens should be inserted into the body has gone missing.
 And although I have inserted it into the body on many occasions and can find
 the right insertion location in available darkness, "Will this hurt the
 lens?"

 Should I have concern using this lens or should it be returned immediately
 to Solms for repair of the red dot?  I have several concerns regarding this
 travesty to my dearly beloved Noctilux, which, without question, I know you
 fine Leica using ladies and gentlemen will show sympathy and give me astute
 guidance for it's full recovery.

 Will this missing red dot from the lens barrel create possible "lens barrel
 distortion?"

 Will the depth of field, commonly known as DOF, be affected in any manner?
 More or less, thicker or thinner? Shorter or longer?  And which ever the
 case maybe or none at all?

 Is there a possibility this could cause exposure change due to possible
 light leaking in somehow where the little red dot was?  It doesn't appear
 possible, however?

 I have great concerns over this matter and as I know many of you are very
 busy in your picture endeavors for the PAW, PAD's etc, I would appreciate
 any advice you may wish to pass on in regard to this Leica red dot worrying
 photographer,  as my Noctilux has been a companion of which I have on
 occasion kept snuggled at my side during the deepest of a dark night!  I
 mean deepest of dark nights! And for nearly 30 years I've felt the
 smoothness of her curves and the comfort of her exposures by available
 darkness and I do wish to keep her in the best of shape for another 3o
 years. Or I die, whichever comes first.

 All comments will be kindly appreciated.

 heart broken and devastated in Victoria, please help me find my little red
 dot! :-(
 ted

 Ted Grant Photography Limited
 www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Hey Ted , just go back to the hospital and have yourself treated with red
pills !
You're apparently showing a severe case of " bolt loosening " somewhere in
the
brain area . Have them locktited while in hospital .
If this doesn't remedy the situation , look through the Noct at full moon and
read the answer .
Maybe it's time for a UV filter .
Let us know of any deviation from that therapy .
Doctor Jo GOODTIMES ( free consultation on the Lug )

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Unfortunate accident removes red dot! Devastated in Victoria! :-()