Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leicaholic
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:21:48 +0100

I own a three cam R 50/1.4 and R 80/1.4 and both fit on my SL.

My R 80/1.4 is from the early 1980s. After that, the Leicaflex/SL cams
were dropped. And according to the Leica service websitem, they cannot
be re-fitted.

The SL screen is bright and combined with either 50 or 80 Summilux you
get one of the most pleasing SLR-lens combos ever. It is nice to use the
entire screen for focussing.

Set to ASA400 and f1.4 the light meter shows 1/30s as the slowest speed.
A more sensitive meter would be nice, but it works for me. After all, my
SL (with a small near the right straplug) was one of my greatest Leica
bargains.

Hans-Peter