Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS...too goddam long to quote in its entirety
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:02:39 -0800

>Guy Bennett wrote:
>>> Somehow or other I missed the DOF thread. Can someone fill me in?<<<<
>
>Guy,
>Some how I feel a bunch of us will hunt you down for asking the question,
>then hang you upside down by a Leica neck strap over the Grand Canyon
>waiting your final plunge into history!
>[snip]
>ted

Alright you neophyte Luggers! You see what can happen when you ask an
innocent question? And Ted is one of the milder ones! In order to spare you
the outrageous slings and arrows of the LUG, I've compiled a little list of
issues and the people they offend. Ask a question on one of the following
topics, and you can be sure to hear from one of the below, who will not
fail to chew your ass into little bits:

Bokeh: Ted
UV Filters: Jim
Leica "Glow": B.D.
Inkjet prints: Martin
Sharpness: Erwin
Erwin: Stephen Gandy
Techpan: Mike Johnston
Mike Johnston: Almost everybody
Art photography/Eggleston: ditto
Japanese Cameras and lenses: Marc

I'm sure others more perspicacious than I will add those items that I've
overlooked, and in the end, when everyone has put in their .02, you'll have
a complete list of anbroachable subjects and the arch-fiends of the LUG
who'll smack you down for daring to ask about them.

Caveat Lugger!

Guy Bennett
Los Angeles, CA

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: [Leica] WAS...too goddam long to quote in its entirety)