Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS...too goddam long to quote in its entirety
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:09:11 -0800

Guy Bennett wrote:
>>> Alright you neophyte Luggers! You see what can happen when you ask an
> innocent question? And Ted is one of the milder ones! In order to spare
you
> the outrageous slings and arrows of the LUG, I've compiled a little list
of
> issues and the people they offend. Ask a question on one of the following
> topics, and you can be sure to hear from one of the below, who will not
> fail to chew your ass into little bits:<<<<<

Guy,
Be nice now, at least I had all kinds of smileys and winkies with mine! ;-)

> Bokeh: Ted
> UV Filters: Jim
> Leica "Glow": B.D.
> Inkjet prints: Martin
> Sharpness: Erwin
> Erwin: Stephen Gandy
> Techpan: Mike Johnston
> Mike Johnston: Almost everybody
> Art photography/Eggleston: ditto
> Japanese Cameras and lenses: Marc

By giving the newbies what to look out for you've given away all the neat
things the "wolves chew on."  Aw gee whiz there's no fun in that, we do like
to eat one occasionally. ;-)

However, dessert is scaring the beeejeeus out of a newbie until he learns to
reply with a sharp retort.  Then he's one of the " crew!" ;-) Particularly
if he's sharp and witty!

You know it's only when the moon is full in mating season we get restless
and mean assed, generally we're just good ol'  family ! :-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: Confession of a LUG addict, Leicaholic Re: [Leica] the horror, the horror!)