Subject: [Leica] new leica 'in/visible' brochure
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:11:43 +0200

The new Leica brochure says the following on page number (ohps, pages
are not numbered), on the page with a picture of  the M6TTL 0.72:
"For pictures with a higher f-stop or long focal lengths, the 0.85
version is recommended."  (The German and French texts say 'large
aperture' instead of 'higher f-stop'.)

Can somebody explain this about the aperture to me. I often shoot at
full aperture, but I only have 0.72x viewfinder magnification. Will
my picture be better by a factor of  1.18 if I get 0.85x
magnification instead of 0.72?

BTW this brochure is not for flipping thru. Each page is folded, and
the whole thing is 66 cm or 26 inches wide when both the left and
right hand page has been unfolded. Otherwise it is about the size of
a letter paper. With a pictures by HCB, but mostly current Germans
for the rest.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist