Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm Heliar viewfinder
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:26:37 +0200

(This is about the Heliar 15 mm lens)

>Christer, I'm curious about your dislike if the lens. Next time I'm in
>Hamburg, maybe we can swap. I've some pictures from there you
>might be interested in seeing anyway, taken with the 15.
>
>Tim S.

Tim, we can't swap. A few hours ago I got rid of the Heliar 15 mm and
the non-asph Elmarit 21 mm plus an assortment of stuff I didn't use
enough to warrant keeping - in order to finance a new ASPH Elmarit 21
mm before prices go up. Lenses will go up between 15 and 20% in
Germany on March 1. Somebody wrote that the increases in the US would
not be too bad, this may be true because the dollar is so strong. But
20% is a lot. Anyway, when you come Hamburg way let me know well in
advance.

I did take a final series of pictures with the old lenses today, and
with the rest of the film I will take the same pictures tomorrow
(light conditions allowing) for a comparison. Generally speaking I
found the Heliar to be lacking fine details of, say, the plaster
structure of a wall. ASPH is obviously not equal to ASPH when it
comes to looking at the final print. I only hope that the 21mm ASPH
is equal to my 35mm Summicron ASPH.

Chris
- --
Christer Almqvist