Subject: [Leica] Re:Trade tab lens for non-tabbed?
From: william lawlor <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:59:33 -0800

Two of my M lenses, 90 and 135, focus by the knurled barrel. Two
others, 50 and 35 Summicrons have the tab focus system. I have come
to the conclusion that I prefer the lenses without tabs. I used to
have a non-tabbed 50 Summicron and regret that I sold it.

Is anyone interested in discussing a lens trade for lenses of
comparable quality? I believe my 1985 50/2 tabbed Summi is the same
optical formula as later non-tabbed 50's. I don't recall if 35 Summis
were made without tabs.

Bill Lawlor