Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 HM choice - 50mm frame & OFF position
From: goldframe1@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:25:45 -0700

I just recently got the Classic M6 HM .85 it is a real joy having the larger
viewfinder - I thought I would be using just as the body for my 75mm and
90mm lenses - but it is so nice being able to see more - It's going to be my
number 1 camera.  The only time I would use the standard .72 is when I need
to carry and use two bodies at the same time and for when I'm using my 28mm
lens - no line in the .85 for the 28mm focal length.

The Classis .85 50mm viewing frame does not have a full solid line along the
bottom either.  The reason for the OFF on the TTL is simply in case you've
cocked the shutter, I try never to do that, and when you put your M6 in the
camera bag where the shutter button is being pressed you wont run your
metering battery down.  In the Classic M6 the "OFF" position is setting the
shutter speed dial to the "B" position, and the metering is turned off, It
doesn't block the shutter either.

gold