Subject: [Leica] Re: Adjusting viewfinder for infinity
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:22:15 -0500

On 2/14/01 3:37 PM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:

> It is not a difficult adjustment unless you are a ham-fisted lout. There is
> much more to the adjust to make the sure that the focus is accurate at close
> distances but that is more involved

Well, my fists are more like buffalo steaks, but yeah:  I fit into that
category.  Also, I've done some testing, and now realize that the only lens
that focuses slightly past infinity is my DR Summicron -- everything else
from 28mm to 135mm is dead on.  So it's not the camera.  I don't think I'm
going to worry about this -- it's so close, as to be negligible.  And it's
not as if a 50/2 is the most critical lens when it comes to DOF.

Thanks, though, for the advice.  (I still think that, should my camera ever
go out of whack, I'm going to take it to one of those quail-fisted
professionals...)

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com