Subject: [Leica] Re: Adjusting M3 rangefinder for infinity
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:16:27 -0500

On 2/14/01 3:01 AM, John Collier expressed the following:

> The
> actual adjustment is very simple. Just turn the machine screw that holds the
> roller onto the rangefinder arm. It is an eccentric screw so turning it
> adjusts the position of the roller on the arm. DO NOT APPLY PRESSURE TO THE
> ARM!!! Just turn the screw with no load on the arm itself. Try one direction
> in small increments and if that is the wrong way, try the other.

This makes me nervous.  Is it really something I should be attempting at
home?  For instance, it looks to be impossible to fit a screwdriver in to
adjust this, except at an angle...

I'd hate to mutilate one of those DS M3's that I've insisted should not be
mutilated...

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com