Subject: Re: [Leica] Price of an M3?
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:54:27 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> If I were you I would not waste my time and money on a camera as beat up as
> the one you describe--unless you feel that you want to buy from your friend
> in the interest of the friendship or he is willing to sell it to you for a
> REALLY low price. There are plenty of nice M3s on the market, for example I
> bought mine for 1450 DM (less than $700) and it is perfect in every respect
> and cosmetically pretty nice too. Admittedly, the serial no. is below
> 1'000'000 and the one your are looking at is in the desireable over 1'000'000
> range, but as Martin wrote, given its state it has little collector value
> anyway.

But I'm not a collector, despite the many cameras littered all over my
apartment. I want to use this thing, and I know I'll scratch it, carry
it around (sans case) in a jacket pocket, bump it into other cameras,
etc. And knowing myself, I'll never really get around to sell it
anyway.

Thanks though, you have a point in that it is not worth going into too
much effort when ~$700 can get me a nice trouble-free M3.

 Juan J. Buhler | FX Animator @ PDI | http://www.crosswinds.net/~jbuhler