Subject: Re: [Leica] photography at altitude
From: shan@montana.net
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:28:35 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

On the filter question... black & white or color? If color I use a slight
to moderate warming filter to help out the blue shadows. If black & white,
a light blue will help open up the shadows in contrasty situations. I don't
usually UV in b&w unless distance and haze are a big factor but it
certainly wouldn't hurt to use a strong UV for color.

On the exposure... at this latitude (not altitude) and this time of year I
find it more like "sunny/11" for b&w...

Have a great time. Bring back "snow bunny" pics!

shan