Subject: [Leica] a Leica Day
From: Shan <shan@montana.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 23:03:41 -0700

Well, weekend before last we spent a few days at Old Faithful in the Snow
Lodge. I was on my way for a walk to Observation Point, on the ridge high
behind the geyser basin, when a family passed me going the other way (I was
on a bridge over a creek taking snaps of the snow and the water and all,
feeling rather sublime) and a young lady says, hey Dad, that guy's camera
looks just like yours... it is, it's a Leica. So we stopped for a while and
chatted about the M3 and which lenses we had and how wonderful they were.
The gentleman says, "This is my son and he works for Leica". I thought, Oh
Boy !! An ear to bend for sure! The son pipes up before I can start and
offers that he works for the Geosystems division, not the Camera division.
Slightly deflated I say "Cool", and we say our au revoirs, and we all head
off with smiles on our faces.

My little winter wonderland walk ended up taking about 4 hours. Lousy
light, wet snow, cold wind, steep slippery climb, but I had a blast. Me and
the woods and the snow and the Leicas. Even took a few more pics.

I got back to the Lodge, went into the Lounge, and said to the Lady behind
the bar, "Do you know anything about your Single Malt Scotches?", recalling
behavior I had heard about on the LUG. She said yes, which was good, 'cause
it was my first time. I said "I'll take whatever you think is the Best".

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it, me propped up in a little couch outside the
Lounge, gazing out over the snow, the Leicas slowly warming up on the table
in front of me...I quietly said to myself, "It just doesn't get any better."

Thanks Ted

shan