Subject: Re: [Leica] ELCAN
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:16:56 +0800

on 17/2/01 6:37 PM, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:

> Jem Kime jotted down the following:
>
>> "Whether your needs are one or a thousand, we can design and build a lens to
>> meet your needs."
>>
>> Does that sound like the Leica we want to hear?!
>
> Yup.  But they don't mention price, do they?
>
> "Whether your needs are one or a thousand, we can design and build a lens
> that will exceed your budget."
>
> Now that sounds like the Leica we know ;)
>
> M.

Martin,

This is not always true.  I have an open cheque book policy with the R
35-70/2.8 ASPH. and yet they still declined.  I went into lots of trouble
explaining to Leica I was not at all concerned with the cost.  They could
charge $1,500 or $10,000 for one lens, it really didn't matter.

Perhaps Leica AG Solms is different from Leitz Midland Canada.  When the
latter was in full swing, my family could request anything their hearts
desired and they would ALWAYS provided a quotation.  Once money changed
hands, we ALWAYS got what we wanted.  Half frame M1-6, half frame LTM
cameras, Summilux 75 in chrome.... you named it, they made it.....  I guess
those happy days are gone forever.

Joseph