Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R Vario Elmarit 35-70/2.8 ASPH.
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:49:11 -0500

Steve LeHuray jotted down the following:

> And Pro photographers (with a few oddball exceptions like Ted, Jim and Sal,
> and they probably get special deals because of close Leica association) do NOT
> use SLR Leicas.

Ted doesn't need me to defend him, but very strongly doubt that he is the
recipient of any special treatment or deals from Leica.  Remember the MD-R8
episode?

I think Leica does sponsor a few photographers: Luis Castaņeda seems like
the most obvious one, and Norbert Rosing appears to be another candidate.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | "It is undesirable to believe a proposition
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  |  when there is no ground whatever for
email: howard.390@osu.edu    |  supposing it true"  -- Bertrand Russell

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica R Vario Elmarit 35-70/2.8 ASPH.)