Subject: [Leica] Re: Mamiya 7
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:36:58 -0800

Two years ago in Singapore I found the price of Mamiya 7 gear was 60% of USA
prices. I had to choose between a second hand M6 and two lenses (US$2300)or
a new Mamiya 7 with the 65mm lens(US$ 1800) the 43mm lens was US$1200! I
chose the Leica. I had a Fuji 645 with me.

A person could pay for a trip to Singapore for the difference in Mamiya
prices.In fact, I may do that in July. Leica prices were about the same as
USA for new gear. These prices were at Cathay Photo, a major dealer.

Bill Lawlor