Subject: [Leica] Re: 'Upgrading' from R7 to R6.2 or R8
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:35:02 -0800 (PST)

Pascal wrote:

Congratulations Ray !

The matrix metering should prove to be quite useful in most situations,

it's what I use as a default setting (with spotmetering as a backup).

As for the manual, I don't understand you only got it in German. In
Belgium, for cameras which are bought from the official distributor,
manuals are included in several languages.

Don't pay for an English manual. Why would you have to pay for
something that should have been included in the first place?
Instead, ask one from the Leica information service in Solms via email
to info@leica-camera.com
Thanks, Pascal.

I've sent the request and hope I'll hear from Leica soon. I also don't
know why the camera didn't include manuals in several languages but
I've long since given up trying to fathom the reasons odd things happen
here in Indonesia. The key things are that the camera has its warranty
card, the serial number on the card matches that on the camera body and
the camera works properly as far as I can tell from shooting a few test
shots. Oh, and I like it!

Regards,

=====
Ray