Subject: [Leica] Re: 'Upgrading' from R7 to R6.2 or R8
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:41:59 -0800 (PST)

Pascal wrote:

Be careful, using the SCA 351 on the R8 may lead to all kinds of errors

as the older analogue module was not designed to be used on the digital

R8 flash system.

Also, if you are going to use the latest Metz 54 flash, you need the
announced SCA 3502 (not yet available, probably in May), and not the
SCA 3501 which won't work any longer.
Pascal,

I only used the SCA 351 with the R8 in auto mode, not TTL mode, since I
was aware of the incompatibility between the 351 interface and the R8.
It worked OK. However, I've already got a 3501 now, so the problem no
longer exists.

I may have to replace my SCA 307A flash extension cord, though, because
the 3501 takes up more pin positions on the flashgun, so that I had to
remove the plastic spacer from the flashgun in order to fit the 3501.
The SCA 307A cable fitted properly with the spacer in place, suggesting
that it would be incompatible for connecting the 3051 to the flash (if
you can follow that explanation!)

Regards,

=====
Ray