Subject: [Leica] RE: <OT> Darkroom testimonial <long>
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:11:07 -0800

By not turning the dial to "OFF", the valves never close down tight and you
will never have a stuck valve. This is the approved practice. Set the dial
to 68 deg. so the water line can be used without wasting hot water. Set the
unit to OFF only if you need to work on the tempered water line.

The pigtail plug is right there at the head. Pretty simple to unplug it...
but you should never have to.

These valves should not stick and I'm sure that Dave Hass will send you
replacements if it is the valves that are faulty.

I now have both the low flow and standard flow programs and can use
whichever I wish. The difference being that the low flow program takes
smaller steps in the stepper motors - valves to effect a temp change. This
could cause a slightly slower response for high flow rates. Like 2.5
seconds to attain initial temperature, instead of 2 seconds, and a slight
oscillation between +&- .2 degrees of the set if the inflow is not steady.
All of this is really irrelevant.

This is the temp. controller that is shipped with every Kodak K14 Minilab.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] RE: RE: <OT> Darkroom testimonial)