Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicina battery pack
From: "Plum Webber" <plum@bloodclot.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:08:36 -0000

Dear Jem,

Thanks very much for the offer - but I don't think they are the same,
unfortunately. I once had a conversation with someone in a camera shop in
Bristol who told me that he had the Leicina Special battery pack to sell,
then checked and said no, it was for the Leicina Super. He said he'd
compared the two and that they didn't match up.  But thanks anyway, I shall
soldier on. The difficulty I'm having is in making the thing into a
detatchable unit - the easiest thing to do would be to hard-wire the
contacts to the battery pack, but that would be fiddly when it came to
changing the film. Damn - an external pack came up on ebay a month or two
ago but I was gazumped in the final 0.4 secs by someone with a higher bid.
Nobody seems to have spares for the things these days!

Thanks again,

Tom