Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Hewes reels revisited
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:10:08 -0500

Here are a few tips:

Be sure you have cut the end of the film at a 90 degree angle. Then, be
sure the film is on the reel at a 90 gegree angle to the core. Then, try
not to get any crimps in the film. if you do, it is usely (for me) near
death, and I may have to snip a few inches off to get rid of the crimp.
But then i do not start the first picture at the very beginning, but
wind off three times to be sure. So i have space to work with. Once you
get it it is amazingly fast and sure.

Jesse