Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: Hewes reels revisited
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:31:59 -0500

At 04:34 PM 2/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Any details on where I can find these?  Never heard of them before.

Kindermann tanks are the ultimate developing tanks.  Tough, eternal,
unbreakable.  Their reels are almost as good as Hewes, though I'll stick
with Hewes.  Kindermann is German and Hewes is British.

Most of the larger photography stores stock both Kindermann and Hewes reels
(the latter under the King Concept brand in the US).  And B&H certainly
stocks both, as well.

Hewes reels are truly great and I am a bit baffled by the troubles some
seem to be having in loading them.  My first metal reels were those horrid
generic made-in-God-knows-where reels and learning to load THOSE was a
bear.  Hewes was a Godsend after that experience!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!