Subject: Re: [Leica] Subjective Lens Tests
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:42:39 -0600

>In a message dated 2/22/2001 4:59:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>douglas@dysmedia.com writes:
>
><<  put my DR Summicron up against the 75mm Cosina/Voigtlander, both shot
>wide
> open.  The Summicron is in almost perfect condition, optically; the 75mm
> like new.  While I used to quite like the 50 -- this will not please many
> people on this list -- I found that the 75mm blew it out of the water.
>The >>
>
>Isn't the DR Summicron an older design? I had one years ago and its contrast
>and color differentiation were not as good as the latest 50, F2.
>Bob Figlio

I think Bobs on to something here.

You are comparing a 30 or 40 year old lens with a new one.
I think you might find a different result with a current Summicron.

I can see a LOT of difference in this  30ish year old lens compared to a
new one.

(not saying either one is better for your use)

Henry Ambrose