Subject: Re: [Leica] Leader rip-off
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 12:35:49 -0800

John Hudson wrote:
> The simplest way is to roll the film right back into the canister!<<<<

Hi John,

Perfect solution and it makes it "KISS" simple! keep it simple stupid~!" ;-)

I mean if the roll is finished don't you folks just wind like hell to get
the roll out and a new one reloaded just in case the world falls down around
you?

Leaving leaders out is leaving oneself open for multiple exposure disaster
sooner or later. certainly when changing film in the heat of a fast moving
shoot or reloading several cameras in a hurry.

However, I suppose if you use your Leica for rocks, ferns and non-breathing
things, winding the film to the point of gently feeling the film to
disconnect with the take-up spool is OK.

But I've never left leaders out after a roll is finished and on the very
very rare occasion I have been foolish enough to do so.... you got it...
they got back into the camera for a second go around!

Safest bet always... crank the film out and into the container.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant