Subject: RE: [Leica] Lense testing...
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:17:59 -0500

Austin,

You might want to write to Erwin for some tips, since he seems to have
mastered this sort of testing (and I imagine there are all sorts of
variables I'd never consider).

My biggest concern with using _any_ filter on the 75 (with its enormous
surface) is flare.  Is it even possible to put a filter on the end and still
use the sliding hood?  I have found that my 75 sans filter with the hood
extended is incredibly flare resistant, even when shooting directly into the
sun.  I'd like to see if adding a filter introduces flare in those sort of
backlit situations.  I know my polarizer does.

Dan

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Lense testing...)