Subject: Re: [Leica] Lense testing...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:59:40 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> This is being done specifically as a scientific test, not a subjective one.
> I want hard numbers.
><Snip>

In a real test myself and others found at least a loss of blacks if not an
overall contrast loss in situations when the sun is backlit. Anything resembling
a high flare situation where the sun is not directly behind you will see some
noticeable veiling. Shoot transparencies so you can see this in a real sense.
Even if you don't normally.
This is the majority not minority of the shooting i do.
Even if it was the "minority" of lighting shooting situations I'm not about to
be unscrewing and re screwing a UV filter on and off my lens. I'll just leave it
off and have my lens protected by my lens hood which does a heck of a job in
that respect.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

My web "real" folder soon to be website
http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

Soon to be absorbed Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Lense testing...)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: LensE hoods...)