Subject: RE: [Leica] Lense testing...
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:00:50 -0500

> > > I'd suggest after this high tech test a simple practical usage test.
> > > Aim the camera with a tripod at something.
> > > Take a shot,
> > > take the UV filter off
> > > take another shot.
> >
> > Been there, done that.  No difference.  People still argue there IS a
> > difference though, but refuse to qualify this supposed difference.
> >
> > Testing with electronic measuring equipment is completely unbiased, not
> > subject to human 'error', and will qualify the difference.
>
> Every test has a bias.

That is not true.  Testing MTF and resolution charts have no bias, that I am
aware of.  What bias do you believe there are in MTF and resolution chart
tests?

There certainly are right ways to do tests, and wrong ways.  I am reasonably
sure that both the optical lab I am using, and my skill set in this area,
that the tests we run will be done correctly, and with no bias.

Any detectible biases in the testing and testers will be so noted ;-)

Replies: Reply from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Lense testing...)