Subject: [Leica] Re: M-rokkor 90mm
From: "Richard Setchim" <rvys@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:17:49 -0000

[Thierry Mallet asked how the M-Rokkor 90mm compares with
the Elmar and tele-Elmarit].

Thierry, I use the Rokkor when I don't need the wide aperture of the APO or
the convenience of the collapsible Elmar. It's a fine lens - nicely
engineered. I think it has better colour rendition than the Elmar, which I
like for black & white. It is not as sharp as the APO (what is?) but it is
10 times smoother to focus.

You can also carry it in a pants pocket without frightening the horses. Back
to back with a non-asph 35mm summicron makes for a very portable travel kit.

Regards,
Richard Setchim
London