Subject: Re: [Leica] Looking for comments...
From: MEBérubé <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:11:43 -0500

At 05:11 AM 2/26/01 -0500, Charles W. Hehl wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am fairly new to LUG, but have been a Leica user and lover for many years.
>I would appreciate some critical comments regarding some recent photos I
>took in Hawaii and some others I took last fall.
>The photos are at the following two locations:
>
>http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=65210

Charles, "Palms", "Maui Artist" and "Harbor" are certainly the best photos
in the bunch.

As for constructive critiques: The light IS dramatic on TriX, but I'm sure
that "Maui Sunset" would be outright stunning in colour. The horizon on
several of the ocean expanse shots are just slightly slanted left. (Which
can be saved in the dark/light room luckily.) The last image is the least
appealing to me as the horizon (while straight) is almost dead center of
the frame. Extreme cropping placing the horizon high in the frame or much
lower would help the image be much better, IMO.

My absolute favourite here is the clipper in "Harbor." It is almost
silhouetted, but you have retained enough detail in the shadow to even read
the name of the ship. A very good image.

Carpe Luminem,
MeBé