Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux (from Canada or Germany?)
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:52:42 +0800

on 26/2/01 10:31 PM, apbbeijing at apbbeijing@yahoo.com wrote:

> Of course it doesn't matter as far as yr pictures are concerned - so long as
> you got an example of the lens in question. The 35-70 2.8 is a lens that may
> well be available now if only the Elcan plant was part of Leica camera still
> - at least that is my speculation FWIW.

Adrian,

I agree.  If Leica decided to have both the APO 90 and VE 35-70/2.8 ASPH
made in ELCAN, there would not have been any supply problem.  As a dealer I
cannot tell you how frustrating it is to lose sales because Leica cannot
come up with the goods.  More than two years after launch, I still have a
waiting list for the APO 90.  And I have more than 500 back orders for the
VE 35-70/2.8 ASPH.  (Hey, you should know, as there are 1.4 billion people
in China after all!)

Personally I prefer Canadian lenses; until recently, the jewels of M lenses
were all designed and manufactured in Canada: Noctilux, Summilux 75/1.4 and
perhaps the Summicron 35/2.0 also.

Joseph <- who has finally secured over a dozen of VE 35-70/2.8 ASPH., thanks
to the LUG! :-)  :-)  :-)