Subject: [Leica] The behavior of Jim, Austin, Marc, Sal...
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:11:12 +0100

I think you should all take a deep breath. I value the contributions of Jim,
Marc, Sal and Austin, without necessarily agreeing with them. There are times
when I do not like the tone of someone's post, but I usually just let it slide
by. Life is too short to get engaged in pissing contests on the Internet. If
you guys want to flame each other, do it off the list. Thanks.

Nathan

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 03:25 PM 2/26/2001 -0500, Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:
> >Gentlemen,
> >    Anyone who had  been reading the Leica Users Group for any length of
> >time knows, Mr. Jim Brick is an officious pedantic know-it-all.
>
> First, Sal, there are Ladies on this List as well as Gentlemen, and the few
> others, such as yourself, who are simply rude beyond description.
>
> Jim Brick has been on this, and the Hasselblad, Lists for years, and has
> proven himself to be a helpful, knowledgeable soul of great experience and
> ability who shares his knowledge freely and often.  For you to condemn him
> as you have is simply an uncalled-for flame of the first water.  If you
> feel so strongly about Jim, you should have contacted him privately.
>
> Austin is also a fine fellow, and one whose intelligence is beyond
> question, as he also belongs to that refuge for the bright and dedicated,
> the Rollei List.
>
> In general, discussions on the LUG are held to a level of polite discourse
> which you have violated.  I am generally at the cutting edge of rudeness
> and am generally held in check by the gentle reproof of the List souls such
> as Ted and Tina.  But I have never approached your cut-throat insulting.
>
> I would ask that you apologise to Jim for your untoward and nasty language.
>  He has proven himself worth a thousand of you on this List.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
> Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

- --