Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The behavior of Messrs. Jim Brick and Austin Franklin
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:44:22 -0500

At 03:25 PM 2/26/2001 -0500, Sal DiMarco,Jr. wrote:
>Gentlemen,
>    Anyone who had  been reading the Leica Users Group for any length of
>time knows, Mr. Jim Brick is an officious pedantic know-it-all.

First, Sal, there are Ladies on this List as well as Gentlemen, and the few
others, such as yourself, who are simply rude beyond description.

Jim Brick has been on this, and the Hasselblad, Lists for years, and has
proven himself to be a helpful, knowledgeable soul of great experience and
ability who shares his knowledge freely and often.  For you to condemn him
as you have is simply an uncalled-for flame of the first water.  If you
feel so strongly about Jim, you should have contacted him privately.

Austin is also a fine fellow, and one whose intelligence is beyond
question, as he also belongs to that refuge for the bright and dedicated,
the Rollei List.

In general, discussions on the LUG are held to a level of polite discourse
which you have violated.  I am generally at the cutting edge of rudeness
and am generally held in check by the gentle reproof of the List souls such
as Ted and Tina.  But I have never approached your cut-throat insulting.

I would ask that you apologise to Jim for your untoward and nasty language.
 He has proven himself worth a thousand of you on this List.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> ([Leica] The behavior of Jim, Austin, Marc, Sal...)